Stem Cell Therapy
Dr. Radnay focuses on helping people improve their athletic performance, recover from injury and prevent future injuries.
Learn about stem cell therapy
Stem cell therapy uses a patient's own stem cells to treat minor to moderate conditions formally where surgery would be the primary option. Stem cell therapy is an alternative to surgery through an office based procedure. Through advanced technology stem cell therapy is now a quick and easy alternative to surgery.
What are stem cells? - Stem cells have the remarkable potential to develop into many different cell types in the body during early life and growth. In addition, in many tissues they serve as of internal repair system, dividing essentially without limit to replenish other cells. When a stem cell divides, each new cell has the potential either to remain a stem cell or become another type of cell with a more specialized function, such as a muscle cell, a red blood cell, or a brain cell.
Regenerative Growth Factors - Stem cells have high natural growth factors that promote healing. These growth factors also naturally decrease inflammation.
How it is performed - Patient's stem cells are obtained from their pelvic (hip) bone or from abdominal fat (adipose tissue). The practitioner then concentrates the stem cells over 10 fold in a special centrifuge.
What are the benefits of stem cell therapy?
- This office based procedure takes 30 minutes
- Patients can leave at the conclusion of the procedure
- A local anesthetic is used, resulting in minimal discomfort
- Multiple clinical studies have shown that when effective, the results last many years
- 85% of patients experience a benefited result from treatment
- There have been numerous clinical studies that show significant and lasting reduction in pain for a variety of injuries. Common injuries include early to advanced arthritis, knee and shoulder pain
- Most patients feel no improvement for at least 3 weeks and possible 6-8 weeks. Once you feel improvement, you will notice continued improvement expanding over 6 months
Dr. Radnay performs stem cell therapy treatments at both his Manhattan, NY and Long Island, NY offices. To learn more, visit Dr. Radnay's New York Stem Cells website.